I went on a mission to find holiday outfit inspiration and in addition to an INCREDIBLE Amazon find, I landed in Express and Nordstrom and found SO many different options!
Of utmost importance to me, always, is comfort. There’s nothing worse than being out somewhere and feeling uncomfortable in what you’re wearing – both literally and figuratively!
When you FEEL confident, it shows. When you don’t, it’s like you internalize that, and it somehow impacts your evening. I used to feel that way all the time – and now, I make sure I love what I’m wearing to an event – regardless of what anyone else might think – I go with how I feel when I’m wearing it and when I feel good, somehow – I can enjoy my night better!
And so my goal was to find looks that help you feel confident at your holiday party, holiday dinner, New Years’, even! So here are MANY options. And I urge you to try to step out of your fashion comfort zone. It’s fun to experiment with new looks and new styles. Hope you find one you love – had SO much fun shopping for these 🙂
1. Snakeskin Print Wrap Dress – This was so much cuter once it was on than it was on the rack! It’s silky, a little bit sassy, but has enough coverage to be classy. It fit true to size OR you could size up one as it was the slightest bit snug under my arms. It’s a little longer in the back so you don’t have to worry about your behind showing 😉 You could do a fun pop of color in the heel or stick with a classic black pump, black bootie, or even black over the knee boots. I love the it looked with a little leather jacket. This vegan leather jacket is a great option. It looked good with everything and fit true to size. You feel very “fashionable” in this printed dress with that jacket draped over your shoulders – it definitely came home with me! And here are those amazing mules! True to size or size down half a size.
2. Chiffon Wrap Dress: What I loved about this dress is you can find reasons to wear it over and over. It’ll be a closet staple you can always go to and it comes in multiple colors! I went with this magenta color because that’s the fun, bright color I gravitate towards and I love the idea of pairing it back to a bright lip. Stick on a printed pump, a classic nude or black, or a strappy heel. It fit true to size and looks great with a printed jacket layered over it for a pop of fun. (I sized down in the jacket below!) This fit is flattering, classic, and with this one, you really can’t go wrong. Most importantly, you’ll be comfortable!
3. Sequin Body Suit Tank. I’m super passionate about this one lol. Reason being: you can wear this with what you already have! This body suit has the appearance of being a tucked in tank, but it’s a bodysuit so takes the guesswork out of tucking! You can wear this with jeans and a blazer to dinner, with black pants, with a pencil skirt – you will be able to repurpose this for your events and would be perfect for New Year’s. It fits true to size and is super affordable!
4. Pink Blazer: I paired the sequin tank with this pink blazer and it is SUCH a bold pop of fun with an INCREDIBLE true to size fit. I love the idea of an all black outfit or dark denim with black and this pop of hot pink.
5. Lace Puff Sleeve Bodysuit: I pretty much died and went to pretty top heaven with this one. Holy moly I LOVED this top. The neckline so feminine and the puff sleeve very on trend and not too puffy where you feel like it takes over. This is SO chic and would look killer with a great pair of high waisted pants (this is the black denim I was wearing in the picture and true to size) or a skirt, or with leather! I would say if you’re between sizes to size up!
6. Velvet V-Wire Peplum Cami: Another sweet little top I adored. This combined so many fun trends in one. I loved the color and loved the peplum detail – would be KILLER with a knee length pencil skirt or just wear with demin/black pants and blazer or little leather jacket. Fit was true to size. Can’t wait to wear this one!
7. Puff Shoulder Puff Sleeve Tee: For under $30, this looks like a million bucks and you can pair it with a skirt you have already in your closet for an instant-chic look for an event OR you can wear it on a regular day with denim. It is cropped so you can size up one (or even two!) if you want it to be a bit longer. I paired it with this print leopard midi skirt. The skirt does show everything lol so I’d probably be more comfortable in it with more of a sweater instead of so tight-fitting. I also paired it with this satin midi skirt which is a phenomenal skirt to have in your closet. I would size down one to two sizes! The small was very big on me!
8. Long Sleeve Bodysuit: I could wear this to sleep it’s so comfortable. So soft and stretchy, true to size, and would be perfect for a holiday dinner or evening out. Loved that the snakeskin print is dark gray and black. It’s so perfect with a great pair of dark denim, or even light distressed denim with a back pump would be so fun. You could absolutey wear this with booties or over the knee boots.
9. Micropleat V-Nek Body Suit: I’m obsessed with this top, you guys. It’s light and comfortable and has the illusion of a tucked in blouse, but it’s a bodysuit, so again, takes the guesswork out. I just felt so good and comfortable in this one. Would be so perfect for a holiday dinner or night out. It fits true to size.
10. Leopard Print Long Sleeve Midi Dress: For under $50, this one looks like it’s $500. This is for you animal print lovers – I just adored this one. The fit was true to size and fit like glove. Can’t wait to wear this with either black pumps or a black bootie with a leather jacket. It would be appropriate for any holiday even! I was SO excited about this find!!
11. Dolman Plisse Midi Dress: This is THE ultimate holiday party dress. It comes in tons of colors, is so classic, so comfortable, fits SO well – if you’re unsure what to wear to an event, but you think a dress is appropriate – this is your dress. Under $60 and fits true to size OR you could even size down one! Stick on a pair of scrappy heels or pumps and you’re all set!
12. Long Sleeve Tie Waist Sweater Dress: Helloooo amazing, comfortable, flattering dress for under $20!! This one is a gem and comes in basically every color imaginable. I paired it with over the knee boots (these are my fave), but you can have some fun with a shoe choice for this one depending on how casual or fancy you want to be. True to size and just SO so good!
Sweater – This little bonus lol. It’s not an “event” option so much as it is SUCH a fun, comfortable option for a casual holiday night or day. It’s SO soft, I loved the fit, and comes in other colors. I did my true to size small! If you wanted, you could try pairing this with a midi skirt tucked in a bit in the front!
Hope you found some inspiration here! If you have any questions or want help finishing the look, DM me on instagram (@juliekrausxo) and I’d be SO happy to help! XOXO